Thursday, August 24, 2006

Hoi meisjes!

Is the beginning simmilar to 'hi girls' in your languages?

I was on holiday for the last three weeks, and in that time you guys wrote already such a lot on our blog! Nice to read you post. I was on holiday with boyfriend Yves and it was wonderful!!! His parents are Romanian, so he has family and friends there where we could stay with. I really like to see how the people live in other cultures. We have travelled through the country and have visited big cities as well as remote villages. Furthermore we have hiked and climbed in the mountains. What made the trip extra nice is that I'm learning Romanian. Nothing is better for you language learning than staying with people who only speak the language you are trying to master.

Just before my holiday, Guillaume ( a French guy who I met at the juggling club in Aberdeen) came to vistit me. And next Saturday Andrew (you remember the New Zealand guy who worked in our lab?) will arrive at Schiphol Airport and he will stay in my flat (our Yves') for a week. Nice, nice, nice. Sunday Lisa, Andrew (he doen't know that yet) and I will go to my parents boot, Monday Andrew will give a talk at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, and Thursday Marieke will come to Amsterdam. The plan is to finish our photo books of Scotland. So nice to watch the pictures of our time there!

Because everybody went to the hairdresser, I can't lag, so I made an appointment as well.

Caro, when will you go to Germany, and when is your surgery? Maybe we can ask Nick and Andrew to join our weblog, or do we like it better without men?

Be happy!
elsje

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home